KEMET's aluminum electrolytic Press-Fit capacitors eliminate the soldering process while still providing reliable electrical connections and the same vibration performance as soldered snap-in terminations. They are the solution for multiple production and quality issues.
- Eliminate the manufacturing problems of soldering onto thick PCB copper tracks which act as heat-sinks
- Eliminate fractured solder joints/cold-solder
- Skipping the solder operation allows for easy insertion after the production washing process
- Quick exchange of components in the field
The evolution from snap-in terminals, the Press-Fit capacitor series combine the strong electrical and long life performance of the KEMET snap-in capacitor with the solution providing Press-Fit connection.
In addition to solving users' solder issues, the Press-Fit series offers:
- Compact size
- Long life: up to 18,000 hours at +85°C or up to 9,000 hours at +105°C (VR, IR applied)
- High ripple current
- High voltage: up to 550 V
- Excellent surge voltage capability
- 35 mm, 40 mm, 45 mm, and 50 mm diameters with 4- or 5-pin configuration
- Optimized designs available upon request
ALF20 Aluminum Electrolytic Press-Fit Capacitors