Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. (ISSI) offers its IS32LT3175, a feature-rich AEC-Q100 (automotive electronics council) certified linear LED driver enabling reduced BOM count for low-cost and compact designs. The IS32LT3175 integrates a single-channel LED driver with a programmable 150 mA current source, push-button control, courtesy signal input, and integrated programmable fade-in / fade-out lighting control. The device is designed for use in LED-based map lights, dome lights, door lights, and other automotive lighting applications.
The IS32LT3175 integrates functions which normally require a microcontroller and several discrete components. Individual resistors are all that are required to adjust the LED current from 10 mA to 150 mA as well as the fade up / down ramp speed. There is no software programming required. The LED driver can be controlled by either a momentary contact switch or a courtesy signal input. An integrated debounce and latch circuit that conditions the switch input so a single press of the mechanical switch does not appear like multiple presses.
Features and Benefits
- Reduced BOM: LED driver with theatrical dimming in one small 8-pin SOP package resulting in 65% fewer components requiring less printed circuit board area
- Linear LED driver: Low-noise, low-EMI, linear current source adjustable from 10 mA~150 mA into one or more LEDs
- Switch input: Integrates switch debounce and latching logic to enable use of low-cost momentary contact switch. The switch on / off state is held during start-stop operation when voltage drops below 6 V for a short period of time
- Local or remote: Can be controlled remotely by the automobile’s body control module (BCM) or locally with a momentary contact switch. The local switch has priority over the remote BCM providing the user with direct control of the LED lamp
- No microcontroller: Advanced LED performance can be adjusted with simple resistors, eliminating the need for a microcontroller
- AEC-Q100: Meets stress testing specifications making it suitable for use in the harsh automotive environment with guaranteed operation from -40°C to +125°C