Precaution on using ROHM Products
1. If you intend to use our Products in devices requiring extremely high reliability (such as medical equipment(Note 1),
aircraft/spacecraft, nuclear power controllers, etc.) and whose malfunction or failure may cause loss of human life,
bodily injury or serious damage to property (“Specific Applications”), please consult with the ROHM sales
representative in advance. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by ROHM in advance, ROHM shall not be in any way
responsible or liable for any damages, expenses or losses incurred by you or third parties arising from the use of
any ROHM’s Products for Specific Applications.
(Note1) Medical Equipment Classification of the Specific Applications
JAPAN USA EU CHINA
2. ROHM designs and manufactures its Products subject to strict quality control system. However, semiconductor
products can fail or malfunction at a certain rate. Please be sure to implement, at your own responsibilities,
adequate safety measures including but not limited to fail-safe design against the physical injury, damage to any
property, which a failure or malfunction of our Products may cause. The following are examples of safety measures:
[a] Installation of protection circuits or other protective devices to improve system safety
[b] Installation of redundant circuits to reduce the impact of single or multiple circuit failure
3. Our Products are not designed under any special or extraordinary environments or conditions, as exemplified below.
Accordingly, ROHM shall not be in any way responsible or liable for any damages, expenses or losses arising from
the use of any ROHM’s Products under any special or extraordinary environments or conditions. If you intend to use
our Products under any special or extraordinary environments or conditions (as exemplified below), your
independent verification and confirmation of product performance, reliability, etc, prior to use, must be necessary:
[a] Use of our Products in any types of liquid, including water, oils, chemicals, and organic solvents
[b] Use of our Products outdoors or in places where the Products are exposed to direct sunlight or dust
[c] Use of our Products in places where the Products are exposed to sea wind or corrosive gases, including
Cl2, H2S, NH3, SO2, and NO2
[d] Use of our Products in places where the Products are exposed to static electricity or electromagnetic waves
[e] Use of our Products in proximity to heat-producing components, plastic cords, or other flammable items
[f] Sealing or coating our Products with resin or other coating materials
[g] Use of our Products without cleaning residue of flux (even if you use no-clean type fluxes, cleaning residue
of flux is recommended); or Washing our Products by using water or water-soluble cleaning agents for
cleaning residue after soldering
[h] Use of the Products in places subject to dew condensation
4. The Products are not subject to radiation-proof design.
5. Please verify and confirm characteristics of the final or mounted products in using the Products.
6. In particular, if a transient load (a large amount of load applied in a short period of time, such as pulse. is applied,
confirmation of performance characteristics after on-board mounting is strongly recommended. Avoid applying power
exceeding normal rated power; exceeding the power rating under steady-state loading condition may negatively
affect product performance and reliability.
7. De-rate Power Dissipation (Pd) depending on Ambient temperature (Ta). When used in sealed area, confirm the
actual ambient temperature.
8. Confirm that operation temperature is within the specified range described in the product specification.
9. ROHM shall not be in any way responsible or liable for failure induced under deviant condition from what is defined
in this document.
Precaution for Mounting / Circuit board design
1. When a highly active halogenous (chlorine, bromine, etc.) flux is used, the residue of flux may negatively affect
product performance and reliability.
2. In principle, the reflow soldering method must be used on a surface-mount products, the flow soldering method must
be used on a through hole mount products. If the flow soldering method is preferred on a surface-mount products,
please consult with the ROHM representative in advance.
For details, please refer to ROHM Mounting specification
© 2016 ROHM Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.